Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Four Niles and a Coke




Safari weekend! Enough said…Paraa National Reserve, riding on top of a Mutatu, elephants, giraffes, warthogs, water buffalo, hippos and more- what an adventure and then we finished it off with a cruise up the Nile to Murchison Falls- where Winston Churchill called Uganda the “pearl of Africa”. Also passed the spot where Earnest Hemmingway crashed his plane. Nile Crocs and hippos en masse. Did I mention the HIPPOS? It has taken 30 years, but I have now seen hippos in their natural habitat.  I can never put into words how incredibly beautiful this country is- so lush and green, sunrises and sunsets that…well they just do.  I have posted some of my favorite moments but I can never do justice to the experience of seeing rolling hills, the Nile on the horizon and animals, animals, animals… P.S. Zebras don’t live in Uganda.





  











No comments:

Post a Comment